High School Program
Vancouver Lake Crew's High School Team is composed of rowers from schools throughout the county. Practices during the school year are on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at the VLC facility on the southwest shore of Vancouver Lake (note: no Wednesday or Sunday practice). Please see our flyer or calendar for current practice times and schedules. There are many opportunities to race throughout the year. High school rowers have a strong sense of team unity that makes for a fun and successful rowing experience.
The high school program runs year around with fall, winter, spring, and summer seasons. It is possible to drop out for a session and return for the following season. Some students row all year others row only in the summer. We are very flexible. Spring and fall are racing seasons. Winter is strength training and working on endurance. We row when it rains; plan on getting wet, and bring a change of clothes. Dress in layers.
Summer is a great time to learn to row and/or improve your rowing skills. The high school team rows M-F from 8-10am.
To find out more information about the current or upcoming session, please see our flyer.
Coach Alan: firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 241-6522.
High School Summer Flyer
Regattas We Might Attend
This is a list of regattas, scrimmages and events we have participated in over the years. We do not go to all these events every year. There are many other regattas and opportunities to race for the ambitious rower. This will give you a brief idea of what to expect and where to get more information. For a description and information on each of these regattas, please take a look at the Regattas PDF.
Budd Inlet; Head of the Dog; Row for the Cure; Salmon and Seal; LO/OP; Portland Fall Classic; Head of the Lake; Row to Remember
Christmas Lights Row; New Year's Row
Vancouver Lake Crew Spring Regatta; San Diego Crew Classic; Covered Bridge Regatta; Vancouver Lake Crew City Championships; US Rowing Northwest Junior District Championship; US Rowing Youth National Championship; US Rowing Masters Regional Championship
La Framboise/Canada Row
Year at a Glance
- Jan 1--New Years Regatta (Tuesday)
- Feb 8--End of winter HS season
- Feb 11-- Start of spring HS season (15 weeks)
- Mar 4-- Start of spring MS season (8 weeks)
- Mar 29-- VLC Spring Regatta
- Apr 7-11-- Spring Break
- Apr 6-- Lewis & Clark Regatta on Vancouver Lake
- Apr 12-13-- Covered Bridge Regatta, Dexter Lake, OR
- Apr 12-13-- RCRC Invitational, Vancouver Lake
- Apr 26-- End of spring MS Season / City Championships
- Apr 27-- Dual Meet - Oregon State / Cal Bears
- May 16-18-- US Rowing NW Junior District Championships
- May 24-- End of spring HS Season / Parent Learn to Row Day
- May 25-- Memorial Day Dragon Boat Race, Vancouver Lake
- May 26-- Start of interim HS Season
- June 7-- US Rowing National Learn to Row Day (Open House)
- June 13-15-- US Rowing Youth Nationals, Sacramento CA.
- June 20-- End of interim HS Season
- June 23- July 11-- High School & Middle School Summer session #1 (3 weeks)
- July 4th-- Holiday, no rowing or kids camp
- July 14-August 1 -- High School & Middle School Summer session #2 (3 weeks)
- August 4 - 10-- Week Off
- August 11-29-- High School & Middle School Summer Session #3 (3 weeks)
- September 1-- Labor Day
- September 8-- Fall High School Rowing Starts