Middle School Rowing
Vancouver Lake Crew's Middle School Team is composed of rowers in 6th through 8th grades from schools in Clark County. Focus is on rowing, strength training, and teamwork. There is a six-eight week session in the fall beginning in September, and a six-eight week session in the spring beginning in March.
Spring 2014 practice schedule: Monday and Wednesday 4:00-5:45pm. Saturday 10:00am-Noon. March 3 thru April 25, 2014.
Summer middle school rowing is M-F from 10am-Noon. If you have just graduated from eighth grade, you would be in the high school group rowing M-F from 8-10am.
For more specific information about current or upcoming sessions please see our flyer.
Contact Alan Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-241-6522.
Middle School Summer Flyer
Year at a Glance
- Jan 1--New Years Regatta (Tuesday)
- Feb 8--End of winter HS season
- Feb 11-- Start of spring HS season (15 weeks)
- Mar 4-- Start of spring MS season (8 weeks)
- Mar 29-- VLC Spring Regatta
- Apr 7-11-- Spring Break
- Apr 6-- Lewis & Clark Regatta on Vancouver Lake
- Apr 12-13-- Covered Bridge Regatta, Dexter Lake, OR
- Apr 12-13-- RCRC Invitational, Vancouver Lake
- Apr 26-- End of spring MS Season / City Championships
- Apr 27-- Dual Meet - Oregon State / Cal Bears
- May 16-18-- US Rowing NW Junior District Championships
- May 24-- End of spring HS Season / Parent Learn to Row Day
- May 25-- Memorial Day Dragon Boat Race, Vancouver Lake
- May 26-- Start of interim HS Season
- June 7-- US Rowing National Learn to Row Day (Open House)
- June 13-15-- US Rowing Youth Nationals, Sacramento CA.
- June 20-- End of interim HS Season
- June 23- July 11-- High School & Middle School Summer session #1 (3 weeks)
- July 4th-- Holiday, no rowing or kids camp
- July 14-August 1 -- High School & Middle School Summer session #2 (3 weeks)
- August 4 - 10-- Week Off
- August 11-29-- High School & Middle School Summer Session #3 (3 weeks)
- September 1-- Labor Day
- September 8-- Fall High School Rowing Starts